Dakota is sure a special little boy. He has been a good little baby. He sleeps through the night MOST of the time and is sleeping in his own bed. (Neither one of the older two slept in their own beds.) Usually if he does wake up he will take his pacifier and go back to sleep. I am enjoying my sleep and especially enjoying not being pushed out of MY bed. This is one active little boy! He has done most things earlier than the other two. For one he arrived two weeks early. I was stoked about that. He rolled over at 4 months, pulled self up to standing at 8 months, sat up at 7 months, crawled at 7 months,and the big whopper... he walked at just 10 1/2 months. I never had a kid walk this early. Chance was right at a year and Logan was over 13 months old. So Dakota seems to have done things earlier than the other boys and maybe that is what has made time go by so fast. Poor little guy spent most of September and October sick with ear infections they seem to have finally died off. Thankfully!!! I am thankful to have such a happy healthy little boy. He is truly a blessing to our family and we are very thankful for him. He is quite the mess maker he keeps me busy all day long. I can go from one mess to another. I have to make a slide show soon of "Dakota Messes." I am so proud of myself, I have finally gotten to the point I can grab the camera and not freak out over a mess and regret later not taking a picture. If I got mad every time Dakota made a mess I would live my life mad because he really is a mess. I have learned to mellow out a lot. I love that since he was about 9 months old he would give me a kiss. He loves to cuddle and will sit so still on your lap when he wants held and loved. When he wants to play there is no holding this kid still. He is a little sleep fighter. (which can be really frustrating) When he's tired he will fall a sleep anywhere. I have a picture of him crawling across the kitchen floor. About 1/2 there he stopped burried his face in the HARD floor and fall asleep. But if he don't want to go to sleep he'll do ANYTHING to stay awake. I am very thankful this day for my children. I am so thankful I have been blessed with the chance to be a Mommy. I love my children and I love being a Mommy. I want Dakota to know what a special little boy he is. I am going to do all I can to keep this one from being a daddy's boy. I finally have a kid that looks WAY more Hoover than Smith so I think that means I can make him a mommy's boy. He already loves to be outside so I don't know if I'll win that one. I am sure his daddy will have another tail when Dakota is big enough to follow the other two. Mommy and Daddy love you very much Dakota we are so thankful to have you as part of our family. Hope you had a good birthday.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Guess Who's One..
Dakota is sure a special little boy. He has been a good little baby. He sleeps through the night MOST of the time and is sleeping in his own bed. (Neither one of the older two slept in their own beds.) Usually if he does wake up he will take his pacifier and go back to sleep. I am enjoying my sleep and especially enjoying not being pushed out of MY bed. This is one active little boy! He has done most things earlier than the other two. For one he arrived two weeks early. I was stoked about that. He rolled over at 4 months, pulled self up to standing at 8 months, sat up at 7 months, crawled at 7 months,and the big whopper... he walked at just 10 1/2 months. I never had a kid walk this early. Chance was right at a year and Logan was over 13 months old. So Dakota seems to have done things earlier than the other boys and maybe that is what has made time go by so fast. Poor little guy spent most of September and October sick with ear infections they seem to have finally died off. Thankfully!!! I am thankful to have such a happy healthy little boy. He is truly a blessing to our family and we are very thankful for him. He is quite the mess maker he keeps me busy all day long. I can go from one mess to another. I have to make a slide show soon of "Dakota Messes." I am so proud of myself, I have finally gotten to the point I can grab the camera and not freak out over a mess and regret later not taking a picture. If I got mad every time Dakota made a mess I would live my life mad because he really is a mess. I have learned to mellow out a lot. I love that since he was about 9 months old he would give me a kiss. He loves to cuddle and will sit so still on your lap when he wants held and loved. When he wants to play there is no holding this kid still. He is a little sleep fighter. (which can be really frustrating) When he's tired he will fall a sleep anywhere. I have a picture of him crawling across the kitchen floor. About 1/2 there he stopped burried his face in the HARD floor and fall asleep. But if he don't want to go to sleep he'll do ANYTHING to stay awake. I am very thankful this day for my children. I am so thankful I have been blessed with the chance to be a Mommy. I love my children and I love being a Mommy. I want Dakota to know what a special little boy he is. I am going to do all I can to keep this one from being a daddy's boy. I finally have a kid that looks WAY more Hoover than Smith so I think that means I can make him a mommy's boy. He already loves to be outside so I don't know if I'll win that one. I am sure his daddy will have another tail when Dakota is big enough to follow the other two. Mommy and Daddy love you very much Dakota we are so thankful to have you as part of our family. Hope you had a good birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I can't believe he is ONE!!! He is too cute. Hope he had a special day!!!
ReplyDelete