We had a wonderful trip to Grand Junction last weekend to see our new neice. We almost made it there with no trouble. (everytime we go somewhere something goes wrong, that's why we're home bodies) Just outside of Montrose we smacked a deer. Ray wrecked my car!!! Just kidding honey. He really did all he could to avoid her but there was no where else to go. He was over as far as he could get. And the deer actually hit us. I wanted to cry but held back. I was very grateful no one was hurt. I told Ray if she would have tried to jump to miss us she could have ended up in our laps. Ray didn't even stop. Why? After that she had to be dead. To make Ray feel even better, everyone we talked to said "I've never seen deer around there." Ray handled it well and said, "go now you'll see a dead one." Poor Ray don't have the best of luck. We tease him all the time and call him the shit maginet. Anyway we take the Excursion in Monday to be fixed. I am going to miss her but I will survive. Thank goodness for good car insurance. We got an estimate and it came to $3,588.32. I can't believe a little deer caused this much damage. What if that would have been an elk? As if wrecking my car wasn't enough. The men took off one afternoon to look for animals. Took the Excursion so the kids could all be in car seats. Long story short... they ended up stuck for 2 hours. They had to end up calling someone to pull them out. They were in deep trouble becuase they were late for dinner. They must have had the car pretty muddy because they washed it before they came back. I heard they spent $25.00 washing it. I can only imagine how muddy it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







So glad your all ok. That sounds pretty scary. I am not found of the roads out that way!! BTW i love the family pictures you have got to have the cutest little family ever!!!!
ReplyDeletePoor poor bambi! Glad everyone was safe!
ReplyDelete