Ray and I were married in June of 2000. We lived in a apartment in LaJara. Ray worked for the City of Alamosa and I was employed by CIA Leavitt Insurance. We lived a happy and eventful life. Our time in the summer was spent riding horses, camping, riding 4 wheelers, riding around in the mountains, hanging out with friends, and of course hunting in the fall. In the winter I learned the perks of being married to Ray working for the City. Many nights were spent alone while he plowed snow. I complained till payday, that was always a nice treat.
Time flew by before we new it a year had gone by. Ray and I were sealed in the Albuquerque, Temple on June 8th. It was a wonderful experience. We stayed busy. We like to have never stayed home on the weekends. In August I quit the insurance business and started working at Community Bank in LaJara, a block from home, which was nice. After a couple of weeks working there we found out we were expecting. We were both beside ourselves. That was a long nine months. We couldn't stand it we had to tell everyone as soon as we knew.
In May 2002 we were blessed with our first little boy, Chance Raymond. What a joy. Ray continued to work for the City and I faced one of the harder decisions ever. I left my 6 week old little boy and went back to work at the bank. It was hard but something that had to be done. Hopefully just temporary.
In 2003 we moved to Bountiful, CO. Ray loved being closer to his horses, having a yard and being able to be outside. I love the fact that Chance could play outside without being in the street. I was also able to only work part time at the bank.
In 2004 I was loving being a stay at home mom. Ray was still with the City. We struggled but we got by. I loved having a yard planting flowers and being outside. It was nice for a change. Chance also received his first puppy (Penny) he loves that dog to this day. I had to undergo back surgery. Which made me more grateful to be married to someone like Ray. He took really good care of me.
In January of 2005 we found out we would be blessed with another baby. We were so excited. Chance was pretty excited also. We later found out we were having another boy and were due in September, in the middle of Ray's hunting season. He was a good sport. Logan Charles was born September 10th. I am sure many of Logan's birthday's will be spent at hunting camp, which would be fine with him.
In 2006 our family moved into a new home. We were able to put it in where our existing home stood. We camped out for most of the summer but it was worth the wait. We have a lot more room. We love our new home. In December tragic struck our lives for the first time since Ray and I were married. Mom was killed in a car accident. Mom and I were the best of friends and times were tough for a while. But again I could not have gone through it without the strength of Ray in my life. He really pulled me through it. Helped me keep my head up. Times were pretty rough on Chance as well. He and mom were really close. Through this trial we were drawn so much closer as a family. I know the Lord gives us no more than we can handle. I am ever so thankful for my religion and the things mom taught me. He gave us the strength to get through. Ray was still employed with the City and I was working Monday's and Saturday's at the bank. We both loved our jobs which helped.
In 2007 Chance started Pre-K at Little Treasures in La Jara 3 days a week for 1/2 a day. He didn’t like the idea at first but loved it the second day. Logan hung out at home with mommy while Ray brought home the bacon. In October we lost Grandpa Bud to cancer. It was rough but no one wanted to see him suffer. He is missed.
In March of 2008 we found we were expecting again. We were all so excited we were going to get our girl. Ray just new mom would see to it that he got his little girl. Boy were we fooled. IT'S A BOY. I actually sighed a sigh of relief I don't know how to take care of a girl. Boy was I sick this time. Do I have the courage to do it again?? Ray was prompted the Street Maintenance Supervisor. We were all pretty excited about that. He deserved it. His patience paid off. WAY TO GO RAY!!! Our Dakota Price was born on November 22nd. Came two weeks early. Good job buddy mommy was ready.
Here it is the start of 2009 and I hope everyone is all up to date. I want to post pictures of each of the boys and tell more about them they are all so different. I was able to quit the bank in January. I am glad to be staying home but do miss the people at the bank. We lost another great person is our lives on January 2nd. Granny Mom (Ray's Grandma) passed away after a long rough battle with cancer. She was truly loved and will be missed greatly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment