OK I forgot how much I hate this time of year. Chance was sick last Thursday and Friday and had to stay home from school, which didn't make him too happy. He was asthma and this croup settles in that little chest of his and we have heck. The poor little boy coughs till he has a head ache, or throws up, which is what usually happens. All day Thursday and into Friday he had nebulizer treatments every four hours, plus the prescription he takes when he gets like this, plus his singular and cough medicine. We pitch a tent (literally) in the living room put a vaporizer in it and let him "camp out" till it breaks loose. The tent does wonders. Chance loves to camp inside thinks it is pretty cool. I have to kick in extra patience because the tent bugs me in the living room. I need to chill out. The junk in his chest finally broke loose. He still has the cough so I hope he is on the down hill side.
Woke up this morning and Dakota had a horrid cough. We had him well baby check today to start immunizations. Needless to say the Dr. said no shots. Didn't break my heat any I hate shots. Here it is the peak of RSV season and I am paranoid. We had Logan in the hospital at 18 month with signs of RSV and that was bad enough, I would hate to see a kid with RSV, the signs Logan had were scary enough. We are now treating Dakota with the nebulizer and the Rx so hopefully he will be able to kick it. We are now behind on his shots but can deal with that better than RSV.
Came home from the Dr. and Logan has started a little cough which is how Chance started so I am just going to start him on the same stuff. and hope we get it before it gets him. Logan don't let much slow him down so when he gets the bug he just don't understand how sitting still and mellowing out could help him. Chance is finally understanding that. We are running 3 humidifier's in our house so maybe this will help Logan. The reason I was most scared about having a baby this time of year was the RSV scare but me just have to deal with it as it comes.
I am pretty much home bound because I don't want Dakota sick. It is hard sometimes when you realize on a Thursday you haven't been outside, but this too shall pass.
Ray and I have been pretty lucky so far. Neither one of us have been sick. Ray had a cold around the time Dakota was born. (I think he has been sick every time we have brought a new baby home.) But other than that we have been pretty lucky. As much as Ray is outside and around other people you would think he would be sick a lot more but so far so good. But anyway this my friends is why I Hate This Time of Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







That is such a good idea to really put a tent up and let them crawl inside. Lexie gets like that all of the time but she just about has a stroke when we try and give her the breathing treatments. So maybe next time I'll try that I bet she'd love it.
ReplyDeleteThat is no fun, having sick kids. Sorry the boys haven't been feeling well. I don't blame you for being paranoid though, I was too when Shelby was so little. Hope everyone gets to feeling better!
ReplyDelete