Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Done with sickness???

I am with high hopes that we are through the sickness, it's been a long couple of weeks. I have been stuck at home. Ray's mom has been really good to come hang out with the sick kids so I can run to town and get Chance from school just to get out of the house. It is nice just to get out for a minute or two. Although I think I have turned into a home body. I have found I can get a lot done. My house is a lot cleaner and I like that.

I had Dakota back to the Dr. on Friday. The RSV sound in his lungs on the Monday before was gone. Which was a relief, I didn't want to have to sit in one of those tents with anther kid, that is rough stuff. Plus it is scary to have a kid sound like that. Anyway, on Firday the poor little guy was full of mucus and had developed an ear infection. So we got more medicine and an antibiotic this time for the ear infection. He seems to be doing a lot better. Still has a horrid sounding cough but I am sure that will stick till spring.

Logan never got too bad. Like I said, he is too naughty to let much get him down. Wednesday he didn't feel good and layed around and whined a lot but thankfully that was only one day. I had to gear up with extra patience that day. I was exhausted from a fussy baby then to have another kido sick on top of that was tiring. While the baby slept and I could actualy lay him down, I held Logan. He has the same horrid sounding cough, but like I said, I am sure all of them will have that till it warms up some. He is dying to be outside during the day. To him it looks warm but it is still so cold. He loves to be outside so we are so excited for it to get warm. Can't wait for summer.

Chance is feeling good, (other than the cough.) I am in shock about that since he is the one at school with all the germs. He and Ray went ice fishing on Saturday. He had a ball. He caught three fish and a pretty rough looking sunburn. I should have taken pictures of the sun/wind burn but the poor kid was hurting and tired by the time they got home, I'm sure taking his picture was the last thing he wanted. Uncle Clinton took some pictures of him fishing we will have to post. Daddy left our camera home, oops. I think he is going to be our little fishermen. This summer he showed all of us up on the boat. He had his limit long before anyone else. He talked about fishing all day Sunday. Logan had to sit this one out till he is feeling better. Ray felt pretty bad about leaving him.

Ray and I finally got a date night Friday night. I must have been getting mean so Ray decided to get me out of the house. We went grocery shopping (which we were is desperate need of) and ate at Sonic. To us that is a date. A night out with no kids. That was totally fine with me. I was not too sure I wanted to go since the baby was sick but good ol Kay insisted I go. I have to admit it was nice to get out of the house. Then Saturday night after Ray got home from ice fishing we went to the Fireman's Dinner at the Firehouse. The department has a dinner and awards presentation for the firemen every January. It was pretty good. We were only gone about an hour which was good, I was feeling guilty about leaving this sick baby again. Ray's mom has been so good to help out with the kids since they have been sick. I am so thankful I have had her here, not only so I could get out of the house but so I didn't have to take this sick baby out. Thank you Kay!

I guess that is about it for now.

3 comments:

  1. So glad everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori! Life is so tough when the baby(s) sick. It's hard, I know! I found your blog through Melody's...hope that's ok! Good to see your family's doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad there feeling a little better. It is nice to get out the house. I don't do it that much its just so much easier to stay home. That sounds like a great date night! I don't think dan and I have been out in over a year. WEll since we have had kennedy. Miss living next to family. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete