Logan is Logan, what more can I say. He is going to keep me busy. Last week Ray spent ½ a day with the boys while I attended Aunt Lizzy’s funeral. The boys were playing outside, Logan ended not only falling in the mud but rolling in it. He came in the back door into the laundry room and Ray heard Chance say “O YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN BIG TROUBLE.” Ray dreadfully walked to the laundry room, found Logan height on the wall and the washer and dryer mud caked all over. Guess he just rolled against the wall (I would have loved a picture.) Apparently it was pretty thick all over. Good think daddy had it cleaned up before mommy got home. Ray said it took quite a few buckets of water to get it all cleaned up. My laundry room walls have not been washed and look great!! Thanks Ray. My mom always said. “When they do something you could beat them for, take a picture you’ll laugh at it later.” I have found this is very true. By the time you get a camera you can laugh at it. Just today I was nursing Dakota and Logan wanted some milk. I explained to him that he was going to have to wait. He started crying and told me “don’t do this to me.” It was so funny. I never know what is going to come out of his mouth. A couple of weeks ago in Sacrament Meeting, Ray was playing with him and hurt him and Ray asked him are you mad and Logan yells during the sacrament no less YES!! Ray says I’m sorry buddy.. Logan looked up at Ray and tells him.. “NOT SORRY ENOUGH” It was so funny. People that sit by us get entertained. Ray took him out one Sunday and Logan yelled the entire way out NO DADDY NO DADDY. Everyone got a laugh at that. I on the other hand was embarrassed. He is going to be a handful. He is a ton of fun and keeps us laughing. Both he and Chance are very good big brothers to Dakota.
We have finally been able to get Dakota started on his shots. We took him
last Thursday. He was so grouchy the rest of that day and all day Friday. The other two boys were fussy babies anyway so I hardly noticed shots. Dakota has been such a good baby that I was shocked at how fussy they made him. He loves to lie on the floor and watch the ceiling fan or sit in his bouncy chair. He is so happy. Really only fusses when he needs changed or hungry. He is growing so fast. He was three months old yesterday. He weighs 12 lbs 6 oz already and is 23 ¼ inches long. He weighed 6 lbs 10 oz at birth and was 20” long. So he’s gained a good 6 lbs. I wish it would slow down some time is going by so fast. I wish he could stay little. I love having a baby around. He is starting to smile a lot. He coo’s a lot. He really gets vocal when is it watching the ceiling fan. He loves his mommy. I am eating that alive because the other two are daddy’s boys, although Chance is starting to like his mommy more.
As for me, I don’t know if I mentioned this but I am no longer at the Bank. It was hard to not go back but would have been a lot harder to leave Dakota at 6 weeks. I do miss the girls from the Bank but we go visit them often. It was only one day a week but it was one day of adult conversation. I am able to do more this way. Maybe my sisters and I can travel now. HAHA. I am able to help out at the school more don’t have to be tied down with work. I have a lot to do at home. Plenty to keep me busy. I get board some days there is only so much you can clean in a day. Logan is pretty entertaining. Can’t get into anything too big with a baby but we keep busy with the little things.
Ray is working like crazy. The City keeps him busy since his promotion. He works all day and still has work to do when he gets home. Here in about a month his goats are going to start kidding. This is my favorite time. I hate them and cuss them the rest of the time but I love to watch the babies play. He’s keeping his fingers crossed that the weather will stay nice. He has sheds to put up so the goats can move out of the horse shed (I think that is the plan) and a few other odds and ends to do. He would like to get this all done early so he can take the boys and go fishing more. Chance loves to fish and Ray would really like to be able to take him more. Chance has decided to be a professional fishermen when he grows up. I think it is safe to say Ray, Chance and Logan have a serious case of SPRING FEVER.







Now in that picture Dakota looks alot like Robert of Jesse....until then, I thought he looked a lot like Ray. He is getting so big Lori. And as for Logan...I can just see that little boy smiling with mud all over him...the little stinker...
ReplyDeleteHow cute Lor! I really think that kids need manners. It is a lost art and no one seems to have them anymore. I hope we can teach our kids the same types of things. Looks like now they will have some cousins who will be good examples.
ReplyDelete