Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Stones
Here about a month ago, I had a sudden pain in the side of my back. Scared the heck out of me because it was all of a sudden there. I called my sister-in- law who is thankfully a RN. (Thank you Tiff for your patients will all my questions lately.) I am sure she could hear the panic in my voice while I was talking to her. Anyway she suggested I go to the ER. I was scared enough that I was willing. I thought I had appendicitis's. Thankfully it was not my appendix I had a kidney stone. WOW they HURT. When I was younger I remember my cousin getting them bad, my dad has had them, and my little sister has had a few, so I knew about them and that they hurt. I will have more pity on people now. I actually passed the stone in my urine sample in the ER. They went a head and did at CAT SCAN and it didn't show any so hopefully I am in the clear for a while. I had to follow up with my regular Dr. a few days later which was a good thing because I had not been feeling well for about 3 months or so. It gave me the chance to talk to him about the problems I have been having. Us mom's don't worry to much about ourselves but we should. I have been so down and tired, had some plumbing problems I don't care to discuss. (Thanks again Tiff for your advice, sorry you had to hear about it.) I was sent for some blood work and had some tests done. Heard from them last week that I have MONO. Again I had heard of this but didn't think much of it. Well it stinks. I can't sit down to nurse Dakota with out falling asleep most of the time. I am just soooo tired. But this to shall pass; hopefully sooner than later. I guess they can't do much for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Oh my goodness....kidney stones SUCK! Worse than labor, wouldn't you agree? I thought so, (even though I never actually gave birth because of c-sects) but I did go into labor, and kidney stones are worse.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. That's terrible. I'm glad you're over the kidney thing and I hope the mono goes away sooner rather than later.
ReplyDeleteLori Smith! I had no idea that you had MONO! You poor thing! My goodness you have had one heck of a time lately! What a trooper you are. You can always call me with your questions...I don't mind one bit. Now if you were like some people and just used RNs for medical advice and then never talked to me and acted like I was some thing that you stepped in then we would have a problem...hint...hint:)
ReplyDeleteGood heck dear! I haven't dealt with Kidney stones but I've seen people deal with them and it doesn't look fun at all!! As for Mono I had it in high school and it sucks majorly! I did lose 5 pounds when I had it though... which made a treadmill and diet sound not so bad! LOL Hope your feel good for a long while after this!
ReplyDelete