Thursday, April 9, 2009

Update

Chance has been working hard at school getting ready for the “Spring Fling” the theme this year is Hurray for the USA The kindergarten boys are divided up in three groups: Army, Air Force, and Marines. They are doing a obstacle course to the “Armed Forces” theme song. I am excited to watch the program. A couple of weeks ago Chance was sent home with another report card. He has been doing really good all year but this report card was his best yet. I am glad he likes school and hope that he will keep a good attitude toward it. I would be hard to see him struggle. He is getting burnt out here toward the end of the year but that's to be expected. It has not been too bad of a year. He has a really good teacher that takes her time with each kid. He sure is a special little boy. I am so thankful for him in our lives he is our little tender heart. He remindes me all the time to talk nice to and about people, he is always aware of other people and their feelings. I know he dosen't get that from his mom.

Logan is Logan. He’s gotten hooked on a new movie “Flash” is about a horse (what else) it’s an oldie but a goodie. He would watch it 10 times a day if he could. Grandma Kay gave it to him out of her video store, he was so excited; more so than at Christmas. He’s our little worker. He goes out with Ray every night to do chores come snow, rain, sleet, hail, light or dark he has to go with Ray. I guess he has to make sure daddy knows what he is doing. Last Sunday he managed to embarrass the holy heck out of me. We were at Ray’s parent’s house having lunch to celebrate Cole’s birthday. Dakota started to get fussy, I made the comment that it was getting time for him to eat too. Logan perked up and as loud and proud as can be announced that “Dakota gets to eat moms boobs!” not something you want said in front of you father and brother in laws. It was a good laugh but I turned every shade of red possible. I wonder what his primary teacher knows?? I am sure I don’t want to know. He is naughty but I am so thankful for him in our lives and that he is healthy.



Dakota is growing like a weed. On April 1st he rolled over for the first time. It did bring tears to my eyes! (What a baby) I want him to stay a baby I am not so sure we will have more. Earlier that afternoon he was getting close to rolling so I held him a lot but it happened anyway. Poor little guy has been so sick. He was at the Dr. again last Wednesday and we had chest x-rays first thing last Thursday morning. Thankfully the x-rays were clear. By Thursday night, after being medicated for just 24 hours he was feeling better. He is doing a lot better this week. I am so ready for warm weather so these kids can stay well. Just last night (8th) we had Dakota laughing. He had not laughed yet so it was quite a big deal for the boys they thought it was pretty cute. Chance and Logan are both very good big brothers. I know it won't be long and he will be running around with his big brothers. He is yet to get any teeth which it good. Chance and Logan both had a tooth maybe two teeth by the time they were 4 months old. Dakota is 4 1/2 months and no teeth. I am glad maybe his teeth will be better then his brothers. He sure is a sweet baby, don't know what we would do without him. Each child brings a special light to our family and we are thankful we have been blessed with 3 happy, health boys.

2 comments:

  1. I liked, too, that Josey didn't get any teeth until she was 11 months. Hannah got her first when she was 6 months. Maybe Dakota will have good teeth. I loved nursing Josey because she didn't have teeth and couldn't bite and didn't know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brought tears to my eyes. It's unbelievable how fast the time goes. I was just saying that I thought in Nov. (2009) Avrie should be turning 3 and not 4. And then I was getting the kids sandals out (from the Easter bunny) and Emma's looked to big. For a few seconds, I thought I got the wrong size. Austing is getting taller too. And his testimony is growing stronger which makes mine grow stronger too. They are all such wonderful blessings. Like you, we are truly blesses and grateful!

    ReplyDelete