I will first off admit that my dad and I have not always been close. I was a mommy's girl. It don't however take a daddy's girl to realize what a wonderful person my dad is.The last few years he has gone through the ultimate trial of loosing his spouse. A trial that would be quite hard to indure if you ask me. He has done it and done it well. Mom and Dad made it a point to attend the Temple at least once a month. Even though Mom is gone Dad still makes his monthly trips to the Temple. Some of those times he goes alone when one of us kids can't get away. I know he is living his life here to be worthy to have her in the here after. He is a strong person and I admire that most about him.
I want to post a few facts about my dad. He is very forgiving, he's a hard worker, willing to help people, he is a talented wood worker, good example, strong, and strong willed, faithful, posative (most of the time,) knowledgeable, oppenionated, he can be grouchy, and no matter what he is always there for his kids.
He loves all 13 (+ 1 on the way) grandchildren. He may not always be patient with them but he loves them. I am sure he loves to see us go Sunday nights. He adds meaning to the saying spoil them and send em home.
Here in a week he is going to be an old retired man. We are all excited and scared in many ways. Between the 6 of us we are going to have to keep him busy and his mind occupied. I am sure that he can find stuff to keep himself busy too. I just wanted my dad to know how thankful I am for him and that he is still here with us today.
I love you Dad and hope you have a wonderful birthday.







Your dad really is such a good man. He truly is a GREAT example. I think of him often and glad to hear he's doing good. Happy Birthday Uncle Bill!
ReplyDeleteI am truly grateful to be in your family Lori and to be Bill's daughter-in-law. He has done so much for me and loves me unconditionally. I love him with all of my heart!
ReplyDelete