Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fishing Trip

So we had big plans Saturday to get the garden in the ground and work on our yard. Well things changed. The boys wanted to go fishing so bad. They both really wanted to go on the boat but that is not going to happen for a few more weekends. Anyway we were just getting started on the garden and my dad showed up. The boys bugged and bugged and they finally left to go fishing. So much for the yard work. I was so frustrated but I got over it. Well they guys got to where they were going and Ray got Logan’s pole in the water so he would be content while he set Chance up. Ray said he didn’t get started helping Chance and Logan started crying. Ray said its ok I’ll be right there. He looked over and Logan’s pole was bent over. Ray hurried over to him and in a tear and fear filled voice he told Ray “its gunna pull me in da wader.” They are still laughing about that comment. Logan just got a new pole that he is quite proud of and he was not about to let go of it. That fish that about pulled him in da wader was the biggest fish caught that day. Way to go Logan. After Ray took care of that and got Chance set up he was able to do some fishing. Chance had a pretty neat story too. He had a fish and was riling it in and another fish jumped up and got his hook so he was able to catch two fish at one time. Ray’s mom and dad took off Sunday to go fish and Chance told me. “I guess Papa heard I caught two fish at one time and wants to go see if he can do it.” He’s 7 years old and already is a smack talker. They had a good time, made me feel bad for getting frustrated over my garden not getting planted. It’s been hard this year with Dakota. He is not big on being outside so when we are out he is fussy so I am getting anything done. I hope we do a garden. I am glad you guys had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. I knew guys told tall tales about fishing, but I didn't think girls did. Just kidding. :) Thats a great story. I'm glad Logan didn't loose his balance and fall in the wader. Way to go Chance!

    ReplyDelete