Friday, August 14, 2009
I'm Still A Good Mom
Well after 8 1/2 months, 6 teeth (yes I said 6 four top and two bottom,) and several bites to mommy later Dakota is weaned. It has been very hard and I felt so guilty for a while but think I have gotten past that. It does not make me a bad mom!! I had some health issues I had to address. Mommy has to be taken care of too. He is taking a sippy cup and is as happy as can be. I am so grateful to be blessed with these wonderful little boys, they are my everything (their dad is pretty wonderful too.) Anyway I didn't make it the year but I am pretty proud of myself. It was getting harder and harder to do and he was starting to know where dinner was and that bothers me. So I applaud those of you that can and have gone a full year. It has been about a week and I have not yet been engourged and miserable so maybe I was a short timer anyway. So there ya have it. Thank to all of you that posted your comments I really appreciate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Good for you! It bothers me too, when babies know where dinner is. Josey STILL thinks it...and she's almost 2, she will reach down and say, "nurse"....not often, but once in a while. It is sort of sad to say that she has nursed more than 1/2 her life. YES, Lori, you are a good MOMMA!
ReplyDeleteyour a great mom. I couldn't do it at all and oh the guilt! I had so many troubles but after 3 kids I have found things to make me feel better about not being able to-like dan can help!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you made the right decision. It's different for everyone and it's not the predictor of weather you a good mom. You are a good mom - I hope you're not beating yourself up. Dakota is doing good and so are you and that's what matters! And to you and anyone else Let people judge all they want - you have to do what's right for you.
ReplyDeleteOh and Lori....I had a thought today...MY Momma is the BEST momma and she didn't nurse any of us...and she didn't feel guilty about it either. ;0)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear he's weaned and doing great! You are such a good Mom Lori! I am proud of you and love you!! Don't let others get you down... they are only trying to justify their beliefs.
ReplyDelete