Monday, August 3, 2009

My Garden

I took this picture of our garden three weeks or so ago and I am finally getting around to doing a post about it. (I would take another picture but I have not pulled weeds in a while) It has grown quite a lot since this picture. We got a late start this year due to all our wonderful weather. This first section has corn, cucumbers, tomato, and Zucchini. The second section has turn ups, radish, lettuce, carrots, broccoli, onion, peas, and squash. The end section is all green beans, we are a green bean eating family, except Dakota, he don't seem to be too big on them. In this nice hoop house (thanks Ray) is a watermelon. We thought we would try our hand at it, not going so good. I don't know what the deal is but this is the 2nd plant we had and have not had much luck with it. Maybe next year we can try again. On the other side of the hoop house is the boy's pumpkins they are doing really well. Chance and Logan love this part of the garden, and the peas they love the peas. My peas are now about stomach high and we don't have a single pod so I am not sure what's up with that, hopefully they will put on soon. Hopefully by next year we will have this area all fenced in and looking wonderful (you can see the fencing materials by the hoop house I am pretty sure that is as far as we will get this year.) I do enjoy my garden it is a lot of work but worth it in the long run. I have no idea how to can so I am keeping my fingers crossed that my dad with help me can my green beans. Kay helped me last year but she is working at the video store every day now so I am on my own. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with the caning I am in the same boat but I am going to have to figure it out on my own. I love all the space you have to have all the things grow out. My stuff is running together and hard to find. It looks great and sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete