Monday, August 17, 2009

This Weather

This is a picture of our pumpkins after a freeze on August (yes August) 9th. I don't ever remember a freeze this early. The boys were a little bumbed (they do the pumpkins on their own, plant, water, pick everything) but seemed to get over it pretty fast when I told them we could buy some to carve for Halloween if this plant didn't make it. There is still a lot of green on it so it may pull out of it. It froze only a few (3 or 4) green bean plants, two leaves one one squash plant and nothing else. I am pretty thankful I know of a few that got wiped totally out. What kind of winter are we in for? I am NOT ready for the cold.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN ABOUT NOT BEING READY FOR WINTER. I AM TOTALLY NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT EITHER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap...i can't believe it already froze down there. Where did summer go?

    ReplyDelete