Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crafty Day

I've never really been into decorating my house for much more than Christmas. Lately I have had a desire to decorate for ALL holidays. Chance didn't have school Monday so I in a DESPERATE attempt to stop the fighting we made Valentine's Day decorations. We made a HUGE mess but we had a good time doing it. Here's some pictures of the stuff we made.



These first two were the ones that made the HUGE mess. The boys shaves crayons and had shavings everywhere. Than we simply melted the shavings between two pieces of wax paper with a iron for a few seconds and then cut hearts out of the wax paper.


These cute simple little hats I found on Skip To My Lou. I loved them and thought they were too cute. I made one for each of the boys. Naughty was the only one home to model. Dakota looks pretty cute in his but won't leave it on. Chance even wears his. I will try to get a picture of the three of them and post it.

I made a few of theses and hung them in the front windows. Also made some similar ones and hung them too. I have never been into Valentines Day but we had fun decorating this year. I plan to do this for most holidays. (Even ground hog day) I am having a ball with it so far. I would not have done this had my WONDERFUL Husband not bought me a Cricut (no Trish it's not a bug!! LOL) for Christmas. Thanks again honey I LOVE IT!! I have wanted one for 3 years now and finally got one. My sisters and I are going to have a craft day once a month and try to do a craft for the holiday the following month. We are all to tight to buy decorations so we will just make our own. Plus we will keep Dad busy cutting stuff out for us. So if anyone wants to join us let us know!!

3 comments:

  1. You did so great. I love them all. Those hats are the cutest!! A cricut I have heard makes things easier and you can do a lot more with it. Jill got one to. I will try not to covet to much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join in. Can you all move here? Ya, right. I love doing crafty things. And I recently have been decorating for every month/holiday. It's nice to have a little change and it's fun for the kids. You're such a good mommy. I'm serious, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would LOVE to join!... i tell myself i'm gonna decorate for all the holidays and be a festive wife and mama but you're right it does get expensive.... too bad i don't live closer! darn but have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete