Monday, January 25, 2010
Did I Say I Liked My Calling?
As you have all read in my posts. I was called a few months ago to teach Relief Society. About a month ago I expressed out loud how much I liked my calling. Which I really did, I was learning a lot and had this increased love for Relief Society that I didn't really have before. I really honestly do love going to Relief Society. I don't know if it's because I was in Primary for so long or the fact that I don't get much adult interaction staying at home with my kido's or what but I love going to Relief Society. I should have never said out loud that I like my calling. Which someone did warn me about. I received a call last week that Bishop needed to meet with me. I will admit I was a little scared I liked what I was doing and was prepared to say NO to whatever was asked of me. (that is awful my mom taught me better than that.) Long story short... I was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society. Scared??? yes very, Overwhelmed??? yes very, Lost??? yes very much so, WAY out of my comfort zone??? YES very, I feel very inadequate!!! I have prayed a lot for Heavenly Father to help and guide me. The other ladies is the presidency are WONDERFUL and I love each one of them. I guess this new calling could explain my sudden love for Relief Society?? I guess not as much stressing over lessons. I will only have to give one every 3 months. But I am sure there will be a lot more to worry about. I hope to still have the self motivation to keep studying the lessons like I was. Wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







You will do great. We all feel like why me? trust me I ask this a lot. But you will learn why and grow so much. I think you will be a wonderful addition to that wards presidency!! I know not to say anything about my calling anymore! :) p.s. love the love signs you made. Wish my dad was closer to do those things for me :)
ReplyDeleteYou will do an awesome job! I'm happy for you :)
ReplyDeleteYou do not give yourself enought credit woman!!! You are amazing! If anyone can do it you can. As for it being scary... I'd think you were crazy if you didn't feel that way! (is that all contradicting??? :) lol)
ReplyDeleteWow, you go girl! You'll be great, if you didn't feel that way then there probably wouldn't be any room for growing. (you know what I mean :) Big kudos to Ray for buying you a cricut! Way cute decorations, I've decorated for most holidays since we've been married, but pretty simple and pathetic stuff; but it's fun! Talk to ya later!
ReplyDelete