Monday, October 12, 2009

Good Times...Good Friends...Good Cause


I am sure a lot of you know I have been on a soap box since June about Breast Cancer awareness. I had a little scare in June that opened my eyes, and now I preach to everyone about yearly physicals and self exams. So when Candace called me and let me know about this walk that was going on Saturday I was gung-ho to do it. There needs to be a lot more of these in the valley to make people aware of the importance of getting checked and reality that is could happen here to anyone. So I have decided to do a post once a month as a reminder. I am going to simple post a picture of a the Pink Ribbon to remind everyone to do your monthly self exams. They are very important. I love the saying "Know Your Boobies" so if something is found you are able to communicate with you Dr about when it appeared and changes in it. I thought it would be neat to do like the nine news buddy check with in our family but I don't know where to start in getting that organized. So I had the bright idea of the blog post. Most of my family, friends and people I love read it so I thought this would work lovely. That's my goal and I plan to start it now in October and do it on or around the same day every month. It will just be the pink ribbon, so let it be a reminder to self exam each month.
The four of us had a wonderful time Saturday morning!(at least I did) Thanks dad for keeping my older boys! We went and walked the Stephanie Miner walk for Breast Cancer. We had a lot of good conversation, some good laughs and made a good memory to add to our little books of life. I am so thankful for these three wonderful people in my life. We are all becoming close and I love it. We were not always close and don't think any of us really know why but let the past be the past, right. I think and refer to Tiff all the time as one of my sisters. She is more of a sister to me than some. I am pretty sure any of us could hear anything from and other and not be offended (at least I could) I should try it out and see if I can offend any of them. LOL Serious girls I love all three of you! You have all helped me through some rough times at one point or another and I want to thank you for always having an ear to hear me and a shoulder for me to cry on. Love you crazy people. We need to play us a girls night soon!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! I'm sure you did have a good time. Y'all look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the reminder!.... i'm so laid back about that stuff, as i'm sure alot of women are! sounds like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete