Saturday, October 10, 2009

NOT ALREADY!!!

Dakota is about 10 1/2 months old and starting to walk a lot. I honestly thought he would be walking at 10 months so I am grateful that he waited. He has been pulling himself up to things for over a month now. He would be brave and take a few steps then sit down. He walks along the furniture A LOT and is getting pretty brave when he gets to the end of the couch he takes off on his own. He has gotten to where he will take 5 or 6 steps on his own and puts his arms out to balance when he knows he's going to fall. He can stop and get his balance and take a few more steps so I am sure by the end of the week he will be walking pretty good. He is my little mess. I need to post pictures of some of his messes. He will crawl into every room of the house and tip the trash can over and leave it sometimes play in it. If I am folding laundry he thinks he has to turn the basket over and throw clothes all over. He loves to crawl into his big brothers room and dump their tubs full of cars and animals. He goes into his room and dumps his dirty clothes. The other night I was filling my sugar bowl up and he got into the cabinet and dumped an entire box of spaghetti out on the floor and played in it. He loves to go behind the wood stove which is going to be awful this winter! He loves to play under the computer desk in the trash. Just tonight I was bringing in groceries from the car and found him in the bathroom, he had taken everything out of the trash can and put it in the toilet (good thing I had just taken the trash out so there was not a lot in it) He loves to play in the fridge, if he sees the door open his head is down and crawling at full speed. If you close it before he gets there he does protest! Anyway I am sure you get the picture. He is going to be a hand full. I love him to pieces. He has been a good baby for the most part. Poor little guy is on his second round of med's for an ear infection. Hope this round will do it but he's still pulling on them and he's been on it since Wednesday. Not looking good. He's a happy little guy. Sleeps through the night which is awesome because Logan still gets up. ( I will have to do a post on that.) The down side of him sleeping through the night he's wide awake at 6 AM and that stinks I could sleep 30 more minutes if he would. He is a sweet little thing, already gives kisses which I love. He kisses me a thousand times a day and I love it. I am always kissing him. The time is going by too fast. I am so thankful that I am able to be home with my boys. They grow up too fast and I know I take them for granted but I am trying to be a better mom. I do miss working sometimes but I have a lot of time to do that when they are grown. I love my little mess. He was walked the earliest. Guess I am going to have to hold him more. Chance was 12 months old and I think Logan was about 13 1/2 months old. I know he was over a year old and it was so nice. I guess Dakota thinks he's got things to do. I wish all three of them would slow down they are growing too fast!

1 comment:

  1. Time just goes WAY too fast. I keep thinking Avrie is going to be 3 years old next month. She's actually going to be 4. I thought the same thing last year. I've lost a year somewhere!

    ReplyDelete