Saturday, October 10, 2009
Sleeping Habits
I said in the previous post I would post about this. Logan is a tough kid when it comes to sleep. I think he hates to slow down long enough to go to sleep. When I was pregnant with Dakota, Logan was in our bed all the time. (not sure how I got pregnant with Dakota. Sorry too much info.) We would let him get to sleep and Ray would pick him up to take him to his bed and his little blue eyes would pop open and say NO DADDY I want to sleep in mommy's bed. Me being pregnant didn't care as long he slept. I was too tired to care. We finally broke him of that. Next he had to sleep in Ray's chair and loved it. You could take him to his bed after he was asleep and by morning he was back in daddy's chair with his monkey blanket and baby horse. No one could even sit in that chair if he was tired. It was war if he was tired. So we finally got him going to sleep in his own bed. And sleeping. One night he had a bad dream, I could hear him crying and talking about something I don't even remember what it was but I could tell he was scared. By the time I got to him he was getting up sobbing. So me being a softy told him "you had a bad dream you better come sleep with mommy." So now the little mess comes into my room about 5 AM every morning and pushes on me so I will move over. If I tell him to go back to his bed he looks at me with a sad little face and says "I haved a bad dream." So I am guilty I gave him that idea and now he has bad dreams all the time. What am I going to do with this kid? He is defiantly SMITH they are so hard headed. I do love when he comes in there in the morning and loves on his mommy. He really is a sweet little boy. Naughty but sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Well...I guess them sleeping with you isn't birth control eh? That is why Josey sleeps with us...just kidding. I need to break her of it but how?
ReplyDeleteThat is hard. We used to do the same thing with Avrie. She'd fall asleep in our room and then we'd move her, if we didn't fall asleep first. We finally just said enough. We started laying in bed with her (of course there were tears) - but we did the whole night routine - potty, brush teeth, stories, prayers, good-night. Finally she got better and now we don't have to lay down with her. GOOD LUCK!!!
ReplyDelete