Thursday, October 22, 2009

Helping out




I just want to start off by saying ha ha to all you non-believers out there that thought this would never happen. I just needed some time and a good subject, so now I have one my wife. I got home from hunting and told Lori that I was going to go to N.M to help Carl move the cows to a different pasture on Saturday. She must of really missed me because she said if I could get a babysitter she would go help since we would be short on riders. Well this brought me much excitement since I love nothing more than riding horses with my wife. So I picked up my phone and called mom who said she would be happy to help out. So come Saturday we got up loaded the horses and were off. We were a little late after dropping off kids and I think Poppy was a little anxious since he was waiting in the truck when we arrived. We got started and She was a natural. I have to admit I was a little worried if she could handle the ride because she had not rode that far in a long time but she did excellent I never had to worry about her at all Carl and I both left her to get cows and she kept the herd moving all by herself even through tall grass where they wanted to stop. Lori I am so proud of you. You did an awesome job but beware now that I know you can do it ya just might get more riding than you want!!!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Lori! Good job on the post Ray...we've all been patiently waiting to hear from ya...Never under-estimate us girls, cause ya never know...we might just surprise ya:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hell honey you could have gotten some better pictures!!! Good job on the post. I still however won the bet!!! You took a little too long. And just a reminder you don't have free run of the family blog all posts must be approved through me BEFORE being posted. I love you very much and I have a very good time spending the day with you!! Thank you. BTW I guess I just have a good horse! You taught her well good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to give Ray props...Rocky hardly looks at our blog he wouldn't ever post anything...Good job Ray! Glad you two love birds had a good time rounding up some cattle "Yeehaw" :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Ray...I wish my husband would post more. Lori it looks like you did a great job. I have to admit I would of loved to do something like that with my husband and to have a babysitter on top of it. Looks like you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete