Monday, October 12, 2009
New Calling
About 3 weeks ago I was called and asked to meet with my Bishop. I knew that was coming I was getting close to a year with no calling. I did appreciate the break with a new baby it was quite nice. Anyway I meet with him one night, he asked me if I would except the call to be the Second Sunday teacher in Relief Society. I am sure I had the deer in headlights look on my face. I FEARFULLY excepted the calling. I came home called one of my VERY good friends that had just gotten released from this very calling found out a lot of good information, and started preparing my lesson which I gave today. Even though this calling has stretched me FAR out of my comfort zone I am already very thankful for the time it has made me take to not only read the lessons but to truly study and pray for the guidance to present the lesson in a pleasing manner. I have spent a lot of time on my knees asking for guidance and comfort because I was so scared. I am one of those that likes to sit in the back and go unnoticed I NEVER speak up when someone else is giving the lesson it's always scared me to death I even hate reading scriptures in church. Plus with these braces I can't hardly talk I have too much extra junk in my mouth so that makes me uncomfortable. I guess as long as I don't get up there and have junk stuck in my teeth I'll be ok. Bishop set me apart for this calling the Sunday before General Conference, it really put my mind at ease. In that setting apart blessing he said some very thoughtful and wonderful things. I have never had a setting apart quite like that one. It meant so much to me. I knew after that this was a calling from my Heavenly Father. I had a feeling when they released Mindy that I was going to end of there and sure enough here I am. I asked Bishop today if he had issues with me he wanted to talk about because on top of this calling he asked me to speak in church on the 25th. I have been in that ward for 9 years and have NEVER had to talk in church. I guess I have learned one of two things: not to get too comfortable or that not all Bishop's can be paid off so they'll to let ya fall through the cracks. Ok I never paid any past Bishops off I was just LUCKY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Wow Lori maybe we can chat! I was just put in as the second teacher too! I was in the young women presidency but when dan was called to Elders quorum the bishop thought it would be better if I was in a less stressful calling. So he finally got around to releasing me and now I have this calling. Let me tell you I would much rather be in the young womens!! I hope it goes better for you than me. Its way way out of my comfort zone plus still being new to the ward, now everyone is going to know me! So if you have any advice or tips let me know! Congrats you will do great!.
ReplyDeleteP.S. sorry my comments are so long!
You'll be great!! Don't even stress!
ReplyDelete